Thursday, 11 October 2012

Wednesday V Thursday

Wednesday was the first day in a long time I woke up and didn;t try to cough one of my lungs up, so back commuting. Its true that every journey by bike is different here is the difference between my Wednesday and Thursday commute

                           
Other cyclists on trail  7   1
Weather                    Dry  Damp
Doris's                       3    1
Rabbits                      0    12
Midges                       Millions both days
Coughing fits               1    None
Other bikes overtaking me   1   3


Death to midges


Wednesday I set off along the trail on my Whyte around 06.30 am and 7 cyclists came past the other way, today at the same time just the 1 ??

Doris's what can I say they are always lurking around

Rabbits why some somedays then none others where do they go and how do they know what day to come out ??

Midges arrrggghhhhhhh along the trail yesterday there were huge clouds of midges so to avoid eating them I put my head down at the last minute to avoid them...........  BIG BIG MISTAKE......This morning I woke up with the top of my head feeling like a scaled down version of the pyranees, they must have got into the vents at the top of my helmet and bit my head to bits the little Bastards ......And they were back today GGGRRRRR.

Coughing fits Wednesday I got about 4 miles into my ride when I tried to cough a lung up, today I didn;t I am getting better slowly.

1 bike overtook me yesterday and it was a bloke on a mountain bike with big Knobbly Tyres but I wasn't feeling too good, Today 3 but they were all roadies thats my excuse anyway.

Anyway 50 miles over the last 2 days and 77 since Monday I shall get there ( wherever i'm going)

I wonder what Friday will bring ?

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are getting back out again.
    Brenda in the Boro
    Cyclinginthesixthdecade.Wordpress.cpm

    ReplyDelete