Thursday, 18 October 2012

It's fixed, It's broke

I have had my Whyte repaired at the LBS £15 and it is now working again, new spacer and rear pads apparently the pads were nearly worn out despite only having done about 1500 miles I am told they are designed to last 10 times longer than pads on road bikes but it depends where you ride, if you get grit and shit in them they don't and with me using the trail a lot I suppose I wear them quicker.

With my Whyte still at the LBS yesterday, I went to work on my GT. and .......................................

CAN YOU SEE THE PROBLEM ?

AAARRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH another bloody spoke broke . That is 3 spokes in 629 miles on this bike all on the rear wheel, Is there something wrong with the wheel or am I just being unlucky ?

I didnt even notice it yesterday and found it this morning after I had returned from the LBS picking up the Whyte. Looks like tomorrow I am going the LBS again.

1 comment:

  1. I have found in the past once one spoke goes others seem to follow....
    This happened to a mate of mine whilst we were cycling in France, in the end there was nothing for it but a wheel upgrade...
    Trouble is, on a lot of bikes the manufacturers have cut costs on the wheels...

    -Trevor

    ReplyDelete