Saturday, 29 September 2012

Where am I

Well at this moment in time I am in bed............ and very comfy it is too....

I have not done much cycling lately due to having to use the car for work as I had to work at a different location for a short while and carry some kit for work which made cycling a no... frustrating.

However I have mainly not been cycling due to having a chest infection, it started just over 3 weeks ago with a sore throat and a bit of a cough and gradually got worse, but me being a bloke and all I thought it would just go away as most coughs and colds do ( It wasn't as bad as man flu obviously )
However it didn't go and got gradually worse, I have been coughing constantly and my chest feels like I have been punched by Frank Bruno in his heyday, the punch that wobbled Mike Tyson do you remember it ??

Anyway this resulted in me giving in and having to visit the Doctor on Thursday. After explaining what was wrong and a few coughs and splutters just to emphasise my predicament he gave me some Antibiotics......Bloody hell they are big I didn't know wether I should insert them or swallow them until I read the instructions ( thankfully it is the latter ). I am on day 2 of taking them now and there seems to be no change , I set off for work this morning in the car I aint up to cycling but got onto the M62 and decided there was no way I could do 10 hours today with a herd of wilderbeast running round my head and my chest feeling as though I am about to bring it up with each cough. So a quick phone call to work to tell them they wont be seeing me for a couple of days and I headed back to Warrington and bed.

Now I am going to try and go back to sleep as I have been up since 3 am this morning annoying the neighbours in the flat below with my coughing.

One day soon I am hoping to get back on my bike

2 comments:

  1. Look after yourself otherwise you won't be on the bike soon.
    Brenda in the Boro
    Cyclinginthesixthdecade.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda I am still suffering with it bu then again I am a bloke, hope to be peddling again soon

      Delete