Tuesday, 29 May 2012

It's just different but better by bike part two

Back on the bike today for my early morning commute weather nice but a bit colder this morning and I had to put my arm warmers on on the way in.

As I rode in this morning I forgot and left my mobile phone in my rear jersey pocket so I put it in my shorts which has a zip pocket but when I tried to zip it up it was being awkward as only zips can be from time to time, not wishing to stop peddling I did something I haven't done for about 25 years I rode no handed and put my phone away, I never ride no handed anymore and I was a bit wobbly at first but it soon came back and I was immediately 11 years old again on my raleigh olympus 5 gear racer riding round the estate I used to live on in Hyde, it's funny how things and memories transport you back in time.

About 5 minutes later I saw a bloke riding towards me and as I really am the person who should of gone to specsavers he was hard to make out at first and as he got closer I saw he was riding no handed and I thought to myself not only is he riding no handed but the flash bastard is only texting !!! but no he wasn't as he got even closer and I could actually see him I saw he was on a giant unicycle on the trail and had his hands in front of him. Bizarre !!!!!!!! all I could muster was a "Morning" as if it was normal as he unicycled his way past me !

I tell ya the things ya see.

A quick google search came up with this which is pretty much what it was like, I ain't gettin one though



2 comments:

  1. Wow you really do see some things when cycle commuting! I was planning a post on the same subject after seeing the guy in pink shoes at the railway station this morning! Him and all of the train-spotters of course...

    And yeah, I love riding no handed as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha I always keep a pair of pink shoes in my bag ready to wear at a moments notice, It wasn't me you saw was it ?

      Delete