Thursday, 8 September 2011

Signed and sealed

Did the 23 mile commute today a lot better day weather wise but I'm bloody sure the wind only blows one way where I live and its always in my face !

Anyway a deal was done today that would put some of the brokers on Wall St to shame, yes folks I have made a purchase, negotiations were tight and at one time nearly collapsed, God only knows if this deal had fell through how the European and International money markets would of coped.

I PURCHASED MY NEW WINTER HACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here it is a Giant Escape M1


As I mentioned in a previous post someone at work was selling it after they had been knocked off it and had lost their nerve a bit for cycling. It is just short of 2 years old and shall be used during the shitty days of winter and as you know there are plenty of those.
It hasn't been ridden for a couple of months so needs a good clean and lube and one or two things straightening out after its bump, and the front brake needs looking at but when that is done it should be fine, I shall fit some mudguards ( Fenders for fellow blogger David ) and all should be well.
The frame is only small but as I'm such a short arse 5' 8" I can just about get away with it
It has one or two scratches on it but I don't mind that I know I can leave it in the bike shed now without the fear of getting it scratched.
I will post some more pictures after a good clean, So it's no riding tomorrow as the bike is at work so I shall drive in and collect it in the car tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh! Stealth bike!

    I like the blacked-out look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers David, it will be a shame to put lights on it

    ReplyDelete