Thursday, 15 September 2011

A confession

On 13th November 2009 I gave up smoking and it was probably the best thing I ever did, You see I know exactly how bad cigarettes are for you and if you do anything in life for your health it's "DON'T SMOKE".
In my opinion you are better being overweight and a non smoker rather than being thin and a smoker.

I haven't really put weight on since I stopped probably a bit but that is just down to me being a greedy bastard and loving my Curry, wine, beer, chocolate, pies, chips, cakes and sweets etc etc etc.

When I smoked I smoked between 20 and 30 a day depending how long my day was , I am not one of those so called "social smokers" who only smoke when they have a drink or smoke two fags on a weekend then none till next week I was always an all or nothing smoker.

Well over the past couple of weeks life has gone a bit Pete Tong and what did I reach for, yep you guessed it the trusty Benson & Hedges.....AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH.

I am so really really really angry with myself that I did it but I did

Well folks today is day 2 of no cigarettes I cannot and will not smoke anymore, apart from the health benefits of not smoking I can't bleedin afford to.

I am sharing this on here to give me a focus as this blog has done with my weight loss.
So sorry If I have rambled on a bit and bored you, but its also here for me to re-read should times have me thinking about the dreaded weed

5 comments:

  1. You almost made it 2 whole years. Very commendable. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember that smoking will affect your performance on a bike. :)

    A friend of mine quit after he took up bicycling. It made it much easier for him.

    My ex-wife (the first one) is a smoker. Ugh. It's hard to give up. Luckily, I don't think you've gotten physically addicted in the short time you've been doing it.

    Congrats on quitting again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toby ~~~ thanks for the support I will do it
    David ~~~ I have already noticed it affect my riding

    I WILL STOP I WILL STOP I WILL STOP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be strong. Visualize the pedals turning, the fresh air, the endorphins...and then you hacking your lungs up when you try the first half decent hill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha Ha that sounds like me without the fags anyway

    ReplyDelete