Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Wish list

Riding a bike is great, my mind wonders and I think of all sorts,
As I trundle along one of the things I think of is what I must buy for my bikes, I'm not a gadget kind of fella but I do have a wish list.Currently my wish list is as follows

1. A new Brooks  B17 Saddle for my hybrid  (maybe at Christmas)

2. Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tyres for my hybrid These are in my opinion the best commuting tyres you can get, I had them on my last bike and they are tip top tyres. When my current tyres wear out these are the ones I will be purchasing but at £30 a tyre they ain't cheap but you get what you pay for. (definitely as soon as my other tyres wear out)

3. A new Brooks B17 Narrow saddle for my road bike (again see what father Christmas fetches)

4. A Garmin edge 500 ( current pipe dream) even though I'm not gadget minded I think I could cope with one of these baby's.

5. A new set of Bontrager race lite tyres for my road bike, I have had these tyres on my road bike for the past year and they are I think a good all round tyre for commuting and social riding.

So that is my current wish list at around £420, cheap do this cycling isn't it

Standby as I ride the next time it will all change for something else. I'm sure I could benefit from a new bike jacket !!! Now where did I leave my wallet ??

What's your wish list ?

PS. Yesterday I passed through the 2000 miles cycled in 2011. It was the 4th November last year when I reached this mileage. In 2010 I cycled a total of 2163 miles so hopefully I will smash this in 2011.

4 comments:

  1. I'd love a Garmin Edge 800 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do fancy a Garmin edge but keep telling myself most of the time I know where I'm going, unfortunately there is always too much month left at the end of the money

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd +1 on the Garmin, great little and it's compatible with everything.

    Even though my Brooks Narrow is quite comfortable on long cycles if you can try them on another bike first. I had a standard but found it way too wide, I'd like to try a narrow against one of the sportier saddles, but haven't had a chance yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Garmin really is at present a pipe dream maybe one day when the kids start buying their own shoes and food ha ha.
    I shall have to check out the brooks saddle before parting with my hard earned cash

    ReplyDelete