Thursday, 4 August 2011

It appears to be working

I have been doing this blog for about a month now and have successfully lost at my last weigh in 12.3 lbs.
I have always as far as I can remember been a Fat Knacker if I'm truthful even when I was a kid, I always had (and still do) an obsession with food and usually the wrong kind.
I have always as far back as I can remember being an adult been trying to lose weight, but I always kidded myself that I was doing. I would lose a pound or two then just put it back on.
Whats different now ?
Well I suppose I had a bit of a light bulb moment after seeing a picture of me at my sons communion on 25th June this year the picture below was my wake up call it shows me at probably around 16st 5 lbs after having lost a couple of pounds I promised myself and my misses that I would lose weight for this date and in true form I didn't. I have cropped the picture just to show me but it did show me and some of my mates stood in a line and yes I was the fat bloke on the end of the line and everyone else was normal.
At that point seeing that picture I knew I really had to do something.
I don't have many pictures of me because being a Fat Knacker I just don't like having my picture taken, but I am going to put this one on here to remind me of what I need to get away from.
I don't know where I'm heading weight wise and I have set no goal I just want to get back to normality and no longer be described as the fat bloke.
Starting this blog has definitely helped me because it is so public but the funny thing is It's only public to those who know its here, not everybody does my wife does but none of my friends do or none of my workmates do and for the moment that's how I will keep it, I'm not going round telling everyone, but today one of my friends said to me " HAVE YOU LOST WEIGHT" you don't know how good that felt.

This is me this year at 16 st 5 lbs    ONWARDS AND UPWARDS....(or downwards where the weights concerned)

No comments:

Post a Comment